Monday, November 14, 2016

Design for the Bluff Document

In class we were divided up into three groups the editing, infill, and visual group. I wanted to be a part of the editing group because I have extensive experience in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, GIS, and other graphic art programs.

I have also been working in graphic design for 10 + years and enjoy this part of the work. We were all tasked to find templates that would show the character of Bluff and report back. After sorting through the group's 10 or so templates we decided upon a magazine style InDesign template and I made a first pass at adjusting the template so that we could begin putting the edited text, images, and content together for the Bluff document.

I feel the document captures the clean side of a planning document as well as the culture, landscape and feel of the community. (See color scheme below). I personally spent upwards of 40 hours editing the document text, graphics, layout etc and hope Bluff will find it useful in their efforts to further guide and shape their future.

Color Scheme:
912D4B - D Burgundy 145 45 75
B56C7E - L. Burgundy 181 108 126
9DB52C - Bright Sage 157 181 28
C1D970 - Light Sage 193 217 112
025657 - Dark Turquoise 2 86 87
1E979C - Light Turquoise 30 151 156
D96C0D - Burnt Orange 217 108 13
 

Sustainability News

Check back for more news later

About

I just wanted to take a moment to send a personal message out to all those in the fields of Landscape Architecture, Gardening, Horticulture, and Urban Planning/Urban Ecology. I created Landscape Connections for the purpose to share my love and passion for Landscape Architecture and Design, and Urban Ecology. I was a Landscape Architecture Major at Utah State University and currently study Urban Ecology at the University of Utah. I am working to compile as much information in the four previously mentioned fields as possible. If you have any further information, or would like to either add information or see information posted to landscape connections please let me know.